Terms and Conditions
Workshop Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking in order to reserve a place on a workshop. Deposits will be refunded upon cancellation of the trip by Alex Nail. There is a grace period of 14 days in which a booking may be cancelled and the deposit refunded in full. This grace period DOES NOT apply to workshops shorter than 3 days/2 night’s duration.
2. Workshops may only be booked by those over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing or by email. In the case of cancellations being made greater than 3 months before departure a 100% refund of the balance payment is guaranteed. After this refunds of the balance payment are subject to finding a replacement participant.
4. Alex Nail accepts no responsibility or liability for clients who are unable to attend due to (but not limited to) illness, flight cancellation, family emergencies, work rescheduling or other extenuating circumstances. Such eventualities are the responsibility of the client. It is advised that appropriate insurance is sought to cover these scenarios.
5. Receipt of a deposit does not confirm acceptance of a booking. Alex Nail will confirm acceptance of booking or otherwise refund the deposit in full.
6. Cancellation will only occur due to force majeure or long in advance of the start date subject to under booking. It is advised that appropriate insurance is sought to cover cancellation and that flight bookings are made after a trip is confirmed. Alex Nail reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Cancellations will be subject to a full refund of the workshop fee and deposit, however flights and other bookings made by the client will not be refunded.
7. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as, but not limited to, war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather.
8. In the event of Alex Nail being unable to attend due to illness, injury or other circumstances beyond his control another suitably qualified workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
9. Photographic workshops are highly susceptible to weather and other factors. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Alex Nail.
10. Alex Nail does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to anyclients booking a workshop with Alex Nail and/or his company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
11. Alex Nail does not accept liability for any additional expense or loss caused by the delay or interruption to travel services or the workshop itself through weather conditions, road closures (particularly late snow in Iceland), civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses (notably accommodation expenses) are the responsibility of the client.
12. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel and health insurance cover before you set out on the workshop (whether abroad or in your home country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays. Note that in the case of Drakensberg workshops we will be walking around 3000m in altitude and many policies will need to be extended above 2000/2500m).
13. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits, vaccinations and certificates including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by Alex Nail or his associates on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage and special equipment is given in good faith and should not replace your own research.
14. All clients must make Alex Nail fully aware of any medical issues or fitness issues that are likely to result in injury or prevent them from completing the trip. If the client is unsure of the implications of any medical or fitness issue then they shall make Alex Nail aware.