Terms and Conditions
Workshop Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the workshop description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form. It will only be refunded upon cancellation by Alex Nail, or upon his discretion. However there is a grace period of 14 days in which a booking may be cancelled and the deposit refunded.
2. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing or by email. Refunds are subject to finding a replacement participant. In the case of cancellations being made greater than 3 months before departure a 50% refund of the full sum is guaranteed.
3. Alex Nail accepts no responsibility or liability for clients who are unable to attend due to (but not limited to) illness, flight cancellation, family emergencies or other extenuating circumstances. Such eventualities are the responsibility of the client. It is advised that appropriate insurance is sought to cover these scenarios.
4. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. Alex Nail will confirm acceptance of booking or otherwise refund the deposit in full.
5. Alex Nail reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Cancellations will be subject to a full refund of the workshop fee, however flights and other bookings made by the client will not be refunded. Cancellation will only occur due to force majeure or long in advance of the start date subject to under booking. It is advised that appropriate insurance is sought to cover cancellation.
6. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if Alex Nail has to cancel a tour because of this we will not do so less than 90 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather.
7. In the event of Alex Nail being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control another workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 7 will come into effect.
8. To ensure compliance with the Package Travel Regulations, in the event of insolvency, all customer’s payments will be paid into a trust account.
9. Photographic workshops are highly susceptible to weather and other factors. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Alex Nail.
10. Alex Nail accepts responsibility for acts and/omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment) Alex Nail does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop with Alex Nail unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
11. Alex Nail does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
12. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays
13. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage and special equipment is given in good faith.
14. By signing the booking for you are agreeing to accept all of the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.